Create a Hotel-Like Bed: 5 Tips for a Luxurious bedding style
The allure of a hotel bed is very well-known! The crisp white sheets, perfectly plump pillows, and impeccably tucked comforter all combine to create a veritable oasis of serenity and luxury. It's no wonder that many of us find ourselves longing for our own beds to possess the same level of opulence and inviting appeal. But fear not, for with a few simple tweaks, you too can turn your own beds into sanctuaries that rival even the finest hotel rooms.
Start by investing in high-quality bedding. Soft, breathable sheets in a neutral palette will provide the perfect foundation for your bed. Layer on a plush comforter or duvet and finish with a plethora of fluffy pillows in various sizes and shapes. Don't skimp on the number of pillows, as the more the merrier when it comes to creating a plush, sumptuous and best bed design.
Things You Should Know To Have A Hotel Like Bedroom
- Make your bed every morning: This simple step will ensure that your bed always looks neat and tidy, even if you're not planning on leaving your room that day.
- Invest in high-quality bedding: Soft, breathable sheets in a neutral palette, will provide the perfect foundation for your bed. Layer on a plush comforter or duvet and finish with a plethora of fluffy pillows in various sizes and shapes.
- Use a bed skirt: This is the key to the best bedroom design and a great way to conceal any unsightly bed frames and box springs, giving your bed a polished and put-together look.
- Pay attention to the details: Fold and tuck the sheets and comforter with precision to give your bed a polished look.
- Add some decorative elements: Use a throw blanket, a few decorative pillows, and some plants or flowers on the bedside tables to give your bed a finishing touch.
- Regular cleaning: Regularly wash and change your bed linens and vacuum or sweep under the bed to keep it clean.
- Use candles or room fragrances for ambience and smell: Adding candles can enhance the ambience and fragrance of your bedroom. Or use an aroma diffuser to do the same but without using fire in the room, specially if you have children or pets around.
- Coordinate your bed linens: Coordinate the color of your sheets, comforter, and pillows to give your bed a cohesive and polished look. Matching or complementary colours and patterns on your bed linens is the easiest way to achieve a bedroom design like hotel room.
Stick To All-White Bedding
One of the simplest ways to make your bed look as crisp and inviting as those in hotel rooms is to stick to all-white bedding. White sheets and pillowcases create a clean and classic look that's easy to maintain and always in style. Plus, white bedding is incredibly versatile, as it pairs well with any color scheme or decor style. By keeping your bedding all white, you'll be able to add in colorful and patterned accents via decorative pillows, throws, and other accessories.
Use Quality Mattress
Another important factor in creating a hotel like bedroom is using a quality mattress. A good mattress will provide the support and comfort you need for a restful night's sleep and will last longer if it's well-cared. Investing in a quality mattress will pay off in the long run, as you'll be able to enjoy a comfortable and supportive sleep surface for years to come.
Add More Cushion Support
One of the hallmarks of a luxurious hotel bed is the abundance of pillows. By adding more cushions in different sizes and shapes, you can create a plush and inviting bed that looks and feels like a five-star hotel bed. Mix and match standard pillows, euro shams, and even bolster pillows to create a layered and textured look.
Down Comforter And Cotton Duvet Cover
Another key component of a hotel-worthy bed is a fluffy and luxurious comforter. Down comforters are a great option for adding warmth and texture to your bed, and they're easy to care for. Pair a down comforter with a cotton duvet cover for a look that's both polished and functional. The duvet cover will protect your comforter and make it easy to switch up the look of your bedding.
Make Your Pillows Fluffy
One final step in creating a hotel-worthy bed is to fluff your pillows. This simple step will keep your pillows looking full and plump, and it only takes a few seconds. To fluff your pillows, simply give them a quick shake and then fluff them with your hands. This will redistribute the filling and help the pillows keep their shape, and this is the easiest way to make your bedroom like a hotel in seconds!
To Sum Up
In conclusion, creating a bed that looks and feels as luxurious as those found in hotel rooms is well within the realm of possibility. By adhering to a simple yet effective set of guidelines, such as sticking to all-white bedding, investing in a quality mattress, adding more cushions in various sizes, using down comforters and cotton duvet covers, and fluffing your pillows, you can turn your own bed into a space that rivals even the finest hotel room. The key is to pay attention to the details and invest in high-quality bedding and accessories that will provide both style and comfort. By following these steps, you'll be able to create a bed that is not only inviting, but also one that exudes the serenity of a five-star hotel room. So go ahead, indulge in the art of bed making and turn your bedroom into a haven of comfort, luxury and style.
What Is Fitted Sheet And Flat Sheet?
A fitted sheet is a sheet that is sewn in a way that it fits snugly over a mattress, with elastic around the edges to keep it in place. A flat sheet is a rectangular sheet that is not sewn with elastic, it is laid over a fitted sheet and cover the top of the bed.
Should I Use Duvet Cover With Down Comforter?
Yes, it is recommended to use a duvet cover with a down comforter. A duvet cover will protect the comforter from dirt and stains and make it easy to change the look of your bedding when needed. Plus, it is easier to wash a duvet cover than to wash a down comforter.
How To Fluff A Pillow?
To fluff a pillow, give it a quick shake to redistribute the filling, then fluff it with your hands. You can also place it in a dryer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes to fluff it up. This will help to keep your pillows looking full and plump and maintain their shape.